February 2018 News
Pak Takes Defence Attaches Of 6 Nations To LoC23 February 2018
Islamabad: A Pakistan Army spokesman said on Friday that defence attaches of six countries - the US, the UK, France, China, Turkey and Indonesia - were taken on a tour of the Line of Control (LoC) in Rawalakot sector to brief them about 'Indian atrocities'. 'Defence attaches were briefed about Indian atrocities along Line of Control and deliberate targeting of civilians by the Indian Army,' the spokesman said in a statement. The statement said the defence attaches also interacted with victims of ceasefire violations by India and 'gained first-hand knowledge about their sufferings'. Yesterday, Pakistan summoned India's Deputy High Commissioner JP Singh for the fourth time this month to condemn 'unprovoked firing' by Indian troops across the LoC. The Pakistan Foreign Office alleged that Indian forces have carried out over 335 ceasefire violations along the Line of Control and the international border in 2018, resulting in the deaths of 15 civilians and injuries to 65 others. The Foreign Office claimed that Indian forces committed more than 1,970 ceasefire violations last year.