In Narbal No One Turns Up To Record Statement

21 April 2015
Kashmir Observer


Srinagar: A day after Government sought statements from eyewitnesses over Narbal killing, not a single person from the area appeared before the Additional District Magistrate Budgam on Tuesday. The magisterial probe began on Tuesday into the killing of Narbal youth Suhail Ahmed Sofi last week in police firing in Budgam district that led to widespread protests in parts of Kashmir. 'The Additional District Magistrate Budgam, Manzoor Ahmed Qadri who has been appointed enquiry officer to ascertain the causes and circumstances leading to the death said that nobody turned up to record his or her statement on Tuesday with regard to the killing of the youth. 'We are supposed to record the statements of the people till 27th of this month and my office is open for anyone who wish to record the statement,' Qadri said. Meanwhile, the Abdul Ahad Sofi the father of the slain youth said that he doesn't have any faith in the inquiry commission. 'In past number of inquriy commissions were constituted to book the culprits but no one was booked and nobody knows the fate of those commissions. Such commissions were never made to public,' he said. He said that it is an open fact that his son was killed in cold blood and the government have even identified the killers. 'If killers have been already identified then Inquiry committee has no role. I appeal to the government to let the family members know about the status and progress of the case from time to time,' he said adding that it is the obligation of the government to inform people what happened to the killers who killed his son.