Pandits Flay Delhi For Making ‘Dead News’ Alive

Pandits Flay Delhi For Making ‘Dead News’ Alive

8 March 2013
Kashmir Observer


Srinagar: Kashmir Pandit Sangharash Samiti (KPSS) Friday strongly reacted to the reply of Minister of State for Home R P N Singh in Rajya Sabha over a threat to Kashmiri Pandits living in the Valley. “As the case is more than six months old and we are surprised, why this question was raised and replied so immaturely at this time, when entire Kashmir is on boil due to political failures at different levels,” the KPSS said in a statement here today. Flaying centre for what it termed as an insensitive approach, KPSS said that it was a fact that last year a threatening letter was received by post by the Secretary, Pandit Colony Sheikhpora, Budgam asking residents to leave Kashmir within a week. It however said the threat was dismissed as no one knew where from the letter originated. “When this letter was recieved, Kashmiri Pandits living in the Sheikhpora went to both the fractions of Hurriyat and Police. The matter was dealt with seriousness at the ground level and a thorough investigation was also done. As per the news reports published at that time police dismissed the letter as mischief by some people and called it a prank. Flaying media for giving un-necessary weightage to the “dead news” that was dismissed last year KPSS questioned leaders in Delhi for raising eyebrows on it at a time when Kashmir was facing unrest.