China Intruded Into Ladakh, Confirms Official Report18 September 2011
The Hindustan Times
New Delhi: Chinese intrusion into Ladakh was confirmed by an official report that stated 17 bunkers demarcating the Indo-China border were 'dismantled' by army men who crossed the line of actual control. The sub-divisional magistrate of Nyoma gave the report, which was forwarded by the deputy commissioner, Leh, to the Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) government. Hindustan Times reported on September 14 two Chinese helicopters, along with seven to eight troopers on board, flew into Indian territory along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in the Chumur area of Ladakh in Jammu and Kashmir last month, and damaged 'unused bunkers' of India, before flying back. The deputy commissionerís report, given earlier, said upon reaching the site of the incident, the SDM and the SHO (Nyoma) met troopers of the Indo-Tibetan Border Police and the army, and enquired about the incident. It then transpired on August 25 two Chinese helicopters entered Indian territory in Chumur village, 'violating the international boundary'. 'The helicopters had intruded into Indian territory by about 200-300 metres inside and halted for about 20-25 minutes. Further, 6-7 persons, reportedly Chinese army personnel, got down from the choppers and thereafter dismantled about 17 structures made of loose stones in the shape of bunkers inside Indian territory along the border,' the report said. It also mentioned the Chinese army made two symbols and a star with pebbles. 'A close watch is being kept on the area and further developments will be communicated accordingly,' the report mentioned.