Teen-age terror: another taken on 7 days remand

Teen-age terror: another taken on 7 days remand

16 September 2011
The Daily Excelsior
Sanjeev Pargal

Jammu: As investigating agencies widened their probe into Delhi High Court blast in Kishtwar district taking the terror email text supplier Hafiz Aamir Abbas Beg on seven days police remand from the court, an alert has been sounded for students of Kishtwar staying in different States for past few months following inputs that they might have been won over by Harkat-ul-Jehad Islami (HuJI) and Indian Mujahideen (IM) militant outfits. Since all four boys taken into custody so far, three of whom have been named in the FIR and charged under various provisions of law, were the teen-agers, the investigators were searching for more students of Kishtwar in New Delhi, Uttar Pradesh and Chandigarh, who could be part of the terror module responsible for executing the blast outside Delhi High Court on September 7 in which 14 persons were killed and over 80 others were injured. Official sources, however, said that so far only three arrests have been made in Kishtwar and no other suspect has been arrested outside the State though a number of them were picked up for questioning as a part of investigations into the blast. Police today produced Hafiz Aamir Abbas Dev, 19, son of Mohammad Abbas Dev R-o Kishtwar town before the court of Principal District and Sessions Judge, Kishtwar and sought his seven days remand for questioning. The court granted the remand. Prior to him, police and NIA had already taken two other students, Shariq Ahmed and Abid Hussain on seven days police remand. Sources said, in addition to the trio, Hillal Amin of Nagsani, Kishtwar was also being subjected to sustained interrogation at the District Police Office (DPO) in Kishtwar town, which has been converted into a mini questioning centre for investigations in the Delhi High Court blast. As reported today, Abbas Dev had supplied text of terror email to Shariq Ahmed and Abid Hussain three days before the blast and asked them to mail it to two national English news channels after generating an email account on the name of harkat-uljihadi@gmail.com on September 7 afternoon after getting a news of the blast at New Delhi. Shariq and Abid had done the same from Global Cyber Cafe between 1.30 pm to 1.45 pm on September 7 after they heard news of the blast outside the Delhi High Court on news channels. Sources said since Abbas Dev was aware that a blast would take place at New Delhi on September 7 morning, he could be knowing at least one or two perpetrators of the terror attack, who would have asked him to get the email sent to media channels on behalf of HuJI claiming responsibility for the blast. They added that Abbas Dev, whose father Mohammad Abbas Dev was a petition writer, was being quizzed to get identity of the persons, who had approached him with text of the email. 'Some clues have been gathered from him while we hope to get more during sustained investigations in the case', sources said, adding that Dev has turned out to be a crucial link to the blast investigations. All three accused have been named in the FIR No. 238 registered at Kishtwar police station under various provisions of anti-militancy and cyber crime laws. Sources said all three persons, arrested so far in connection with the terror email, and some others detained were teen-agers or had just crossed that stage of their age. This indicated that the militants had picked-up new faces to perform the task of sending email or executing other tasks, they added. While Dev had failed twice in 12th class and was now pursuing BA Part-I through Kishtwar study centre of Moulana Azad National University, Shariq and Abid were 12th class students. Police and NIA teams, engaged in joint investigations of the case at Kishtwar, were anticipating more arrests following questioning of arrested persons and investigations in the case. Sources said some leads were also pouring in from other States including the Union capital about the blast from different security agencies. As sleuths were still struggling for a breakthrough to trace the main perpetrators of the September 7 blast, sources said there was a possibility that the arrested trio especially Dev could be part of a larger conspiracy behind the terror strike. Dev is alleged links with a religious organisation and was picked up after detailed interrogation of the two boys arrested prior to him, sources said. He was also reportedly involved in brainwashing youths to join the militant ranks. Meanwhile, the family members of the arrested boys today pleaded that the children were innocent and expressed full faith in the investigations. Aamir Abbas Dev and Abid Hussain have nothing to do with Delhi High Court blast and sending of an email, their family members said. Aamir's father Ghulam Abbas Dev said his son was suffering from mental problems from his childhood and remained under constant treatment in Jammu as a result of which he remained weak in his studies. 'I am working as petition writer in Kishtwar court complex for the last 35 years and have good reputation in the society and I am known to each and every person,' he said. Attahullah Bhawani, father of Abid, said his son remained in mental anxiety after he lost his mother when he was nine and could not even communicate properly with people.


[Home] [Archives 2011]
Web site maintained by Md. Sadiq & Friends