December 2003 News

Hospital Gutted In Anantnag, No Loss Of Life

30 December 2003
The Indian Express

Srinagar: The district hospital at Anantnag in south Kashmir was partially gutted in a fire caused by a short circuit in the wee hours on Monday, official sources said here. The fire erupted at 3.30 am (IST) on the third floor of the recently-renovated hospital at district headquarters, gutting the entire storey, the sources said. All the patients in the hospital were evacuated before fire tenders doused the flames, they said. The in-patient wards were completely damaged while the operation theatre, labour room and other facilities were spared any damage, the sources said. Cleaning of debris had been completed and the hospital was expected to be functional within half an hour, they added.

 

Return to the Archives 2003 Index Page

Return to Home Page